Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer Sewing Goes On



Last time I was at Mill End I bought some lovely rayon fabric that has embroidery on it.  I kept thinking about what to make with it, a dress? a skirt? Finally, I decided it needs to be a top with with peter pan collar.

The pattern was simple to draft, boxy with simple darts.  The only thing was that I liked how the collars turned out enough but I still wasn't really 100 % happy with it.  Oh, well, I could live with that.

 I loved the fit, BUT, little did I realize the embroidery on the fabric makes it a bit scratchy to wear!! sigh.  What a disappointment.



So I thought I should make another one and improve the collars a bit. The second time was using a gauze material that I had in stash.  It was orange with crinkles.  When I tried it on, it just begged for shorter hem, so shorter hem it went.

These are some quick summer sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment