Wednesday, August 13, 2014

New Hat Pattern


Tell you a secret, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to finish the pattern and publish it.  Thankfully, Stacey (aka StaceyKnitsIt on Ravelry) volunteered to test knit. That nudged me to be more motivated wtih the pattern. Now I'm glad I did, as I really think it's a fun hat.  Sometimes there is just a gap between loving to design/knit something, and to write up a pattern and get it test knitted and tech edited.  It took 2 days to design and knit, and it took over a month for the rest of it to happen.  

Summer flew by.  I'd been so busy doing things that I haven't properly enjoyed my summer.  I knitted a lot of swatches that went nowhere. I frogged coupla things, re-knitted coupla things. I did a lot of knitting related stuff, but I felt I haven't really accomplished as much as I'd like.  I don't know what happened...  I'm not ready to go back to teaching... 

2 comments: