Friday, February 8, 2013

Mon Petite Gilet Raye


Yes the post has a French title, even though I had to look up what Gilet Raye means!  Two years of French in high school only got me as far as the first half of the title.  

This was quick sweater to knit and making stripes sure was an easy way to add colors.  
The pattern is called Mon PetiteGilet Raye by Isabelle Milleret.  It comes with both French and English versions. Obvsiouly I couldn't even understand the entire French name, I followed the English instruction. It has only one size, and lucky me it's my size!  A very wonderful and easy pattern. I had a lot of fun picking yarn from stash and knitting the sweater.

The main color was Classic Elite Fresco in Cinder (a heather light grey) and the contrast color was Lorna's Lace's Shepherd Sport in Huck's Room. I used US #4 needles for the body, and US #2 for all 1x1 ribbings. 

Not having a model-like body, with longer torso where the natural waist usually set at 8" below underarm, and shorter arms due to my unimpressive 5'4" height, I made a few modification to suit my body better.  I lowered the beginning of waist shaping, shortened the sleeve length, and picked up fewer stitches for button bands.  

I simply love this sweater.  It has an easy, casual style with mellow fun colors. It also fits beautifully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment