Monday, February 18, 2013

Ginkgo Cardi Again and Better This Time

Yarn: Dream In Color Class, color Strange Harvest
Needles: US #6

I really liked the concept of the Ginkgo Cardi but I was rather unsatisfied with the finishing part of the first one I made.  I ended up making a second one. This time I thought about yarn choice more and decided on Dream In Color Classy.  Perfect yarn for it.  It was not too soft nor too drapey, and the color Strange Harvest was just glorious.

Although the only major construction difference was making attached I-cord at the finishing stage this time, it ended up so much more to my liking, sovled my biggest unsatisfaction with first version.

It is still top-down and no sewing at all, ok, except the buttons.



I really love this cardigan.  I'm happy with the non-stiffness of the top leaf that its drapiness feels right.

Using spit splicing joint, the cardigan is reversible.  I only sew on small buttons (7/16") onto several areas without button holes or snaps, utilizing the stretchy-ness of knit to place buttons however I wanted.

I'll try to get my acts together and finish the pattern for this one soon, then get it test knitted.
I seriously enjoy knitting more than writing patterns, but I'm determined to get it going this time.


4 comments:

  1. So cute! You always come up with such clever and adorable designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and graphic with these ginkgo leaves. Definitely on my to do list. Looking forward to the pattern and in case you need to test it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love it! I love it!
    Looking forward to the pattern every day on ravelry!!!!

    Love
    Verena

    ReplyDelete