Friday, August 3, 2012

The-Nile Shawl




Finally I have some knitting to report.  I just finished a shawl using handspun yarn from Two If By Hand and some yarn I dyed myself.

After spinning the yarn I knew immediately I'd paired it with the blueish teal yarn I have. But it took me a while to get to the knitting.

Original plan was simple triangle with all St st in main color and the blue for lace edge.  During knitting the swatch I changed my mind.  I went for non-lacy and simple lines.

The wavy lines were improvised as I knitted.

I have to say, it is much prettier in person.  The camera highlights the contrast of tones in the handspun when it's more smooth to the eyes in real life.

I may do another one using non-handspun yarn.


While knitting, I kept on thinking the colors look like Egyptian Art. Hence the name.



2 comments: