Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Sewing

Yesterday we went for a short walk down to the meadow next to our house. We didn't go far since Paul's foot is still in the healing process. As we got to the stream, a black lab ran up to us. I petted her a little. As soon as the owner showed up, she walked right into the stream and sat down in the water to chill off. My heart ached a little seeing the sight. It reminded me the one and only time that Cody lied down in a stream during a long hike we took at Big Meadow near Luther Pass... and he never liked to go into the water, whether it's the lake, the stream, or the bath tub... though he did like to sit by the water...

Paul and I took off our shoes and dipped our feet into the water. It was icy cold, perfect for my arms that are suffering from heat rash.

.................................................

Just finished sewing a bag today. I must admit, as far as process goes, knitting is more of my thing. The simplicity of just a pair of needles and a ball of yarn is more to my liking, not to mention you can knit anywhere. I do like the result of this bag though.








Most of the sewing was done in one afternoon. Unfortunately not really thinking it through I bought only one pair of the rectangular rings. Yesterday I had to drive 40 minutes to Carson City to get another pair of them. The downside of living in a small town - small selections of things available. But then again, if I live in a big city, it probably would take that long to drive across town anyway.

When I was at the store I also picked up some fabric, and I love the retro, Japanese print of this one.



I probably won't get to it for a little while. I got some knitting project in mind that I really want to get started. I've been obsessed about making a two-color fairisle/intarsia sweater. I just made a swatch with the yarns. Not exactly the motif I'll use, but I like the color combo. it's kinda like the fabric I just bought too.



The yarns are Needful Australian Merino in DK weight (feels more like a sport weight to me) and the Socks That Rock by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.

I've been trying to come up with a motif. It is not easy at all. I kept making design, knit up swatch, and I'd finally got something I may use after 6 or 7 attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment